London Fashion Week
Join us behind the scenes and take a front row seat at the iconic London Fashion Week. We discuss past fashion week experiences, and Caroline brings you her diary of live recordings from the studio, the catwalk and the show rooms. Step inside our shoes and experience what fashion week is like for a real life pattern cutter
London Fashion Week quick facts:
- It happens in London twice a year, once in February (A/W) and once in September(S/S)
- one of the “Big Four” fashion weeks, and of course the other 3 would be…. New York, Milan and Paris
- London Fashion Week first took place in October 1983
- It’s estimated that it generates over £100 million worth of orders
- It happens in 2 parts… there are the big catwalk shows which take place either at the British Fashion Council’s own show space or at special locations around central London
- In Summer 2012, London introduced London Collections: Men, in addition to the collection shows in S/S and A/W
- The public can only watch the shows via live streaming
To find out more about London fashion week, the brands that show there and what they’re all about, click here
KATIE McGUIGAN PRESENTATION
Caroline went to see the stunning Katie McGuigan AW20 presentation. You can check out more of her work here.
The Catwalk Show
Is there a topic you’d like us to cover? We’d love to hear from you! Contact Kathryn and Caroline directly with any comments / feedback on email@example.com. Alternatively you can reach out on instagram @fashionhalfcut.
Subscribe to our blog for the latest episodes and bonus blog posts!