Getting into Your Garment
Working out how a garment is taken on and off the body is an essential part of garment construction. In this episode we explore our favourite types of fastenings and how they effect our pattern and sewing. So next time you’re designing or interpreting a sketch…..think.….how do I get into this?
This week we had loads to announce in our catch up!
- Kathryn’s Sleeve Drafting Class
- Kathryn’s Bodice Drafting Class
- Kathryn’s Youtube video with Charlotta
- Don’t forget to keep an eye on Caroline’s Instagram for updates on her new course …coming soon!
Our favourite Fastenings:
- Zips! Invisible, flat, open ended…you name it, we love it!
- Buttons! Both with button holes or loops
- Press studs/poppers/snaps
- Rouleau loops and ties
- Hooks & Eyes
- Drawstrings, toggles and elasticated draw cords
Zips were invented by a Swedish man called Gideon Soundback in 1913.Our fun fact….Yes we’re total geeks for fashion!
Is there a topic you’d like us to cover? We’d love to hear from you! Contact Kathryn and Caroline directly with any comments / feedback on email@example.com. Alternatively you can reach out on instagram @fashionhalfcut.
Subscribe to our blog for the latest episodes and bonus blog posts!